Broadcast Support Engineer
Salary / Rate
My client provides a comprehensive range of satellite and transmission services for broadcasters of every size across the globe, including digital television, radio, playout, content management, turnaround and more.
You will work with a fast-paced environment and must be able to stay calm, focused and work well under pressure. You should be able to prioritise, problem solve and multi task as well as have exemplary attention to detail and organisational skills.
As a Broadcast Support Engineer you will have to show demonstrable experience resolving hardware and software faults. It would be highly desirable for candidates to have experience in broadcast facility environment.
The position would suit broadcast engineers looking to advance their careers within the industry and is an excellent opportunity to work within a rapidly growing organisation, with well-defined training programmes and great opportunities for career progression.
• Oversee the performance of all broadcast systems and provide a first point of contact for all Broadcast engineering issues that arise.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Service provisioning and termination activities.
• Performing on-call duties after hours as part of the on-call engineering team.
• Working close with MCR on updating/resolving tickets/faults.
• Set up equipment for customer use, performing or ensuring proper installation of all relevant hardware and software.
• Maintaining assets and services database and all other relevant documentation.
• Working close with the Engineering Support Manager as part of the engineering team.
• Performs other activities as directed commensurate with the needs of the business
• Technical Degree from a leading university
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/server 2008/2012, Microsoft Office suite, MS Visio.
• Basic Networking TCP/IP, Sub-netting
• Knowledge of Broadcast Systems
• Good knowledge of DVB standards
• Knowledge of play-out systems
• The following skills would be advantageous
• Knowledge of MPEG compression and encoding e.g.(Harmonic - NMX)
• Knowledge and experience in TSoIP
• Knowledge of Satellite distribution and contribution
• Experience with play-out systems and storage e.g.(Playbox - Airbox)
• Desire to grow a Broadcast engineer career
• This will be a demanding role requiring a dynamic and practical involvement in front line operational issues. The successful candidate should have the ability to work with a complex operational team in a professional, competent and inspiring manner and to drive forward improvements to operational practices.
This is an engineering support position based on a 42-hour per week shift pattern, the early shifts are 08:00am-16:00pm and the late shifts are 11:00am-19:00pm. There will be a need for remote on-call work in the evening with the company providing a laptop and a mobile phone the on-call rota will be split between the team.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK